Friday 28 March 2008

Flirting is fun and you get free stuff!

I still believe that the best flirting happens when it is motive-free. When someone has an agenda when flirting, whether it's to get a promotion, a date, or a discount, it just doesn't work. And, I guess, it all stems back from the fact that in order to feel the glow of a good flirting encounter, in all of it's majestic glory, it has to be about making the other person feel special. Without sounding too 'new-agey' it's only when you give freely that you can truly receive.

To this end, I just got back from the fruit, veg, and flower market. I ended up with an extra carton of strawberries and a pot of Hyacinths, thanks to the lovely and generous stall owners. Give unselfishly to others and you will bask in the returns (even if that is not your intention, bien sur) Oh yes, and visit the Church street market in London for the freshest fruit and veg. Pop in and say hi to me as long as you're in the area.

No comments: