Monday 28 January 2008

Are men actually playing 'The Game'?

'Have you noticed more men starting random conversations?', was the first subject up for discussion at our champagne Sunday soiree. I had to admit, that other than the kind offer ' to be my stalker', which was put forth to me as I was perusing the sandwich selection at Sainsbury's the other day, I hadn't really noticed higher numbers of men than usual beginning conversations. But then again, I wouldn't necessarily even notice. Starting harmless and short conversations is perfectly normal to me. It's fun. It's harmless. It makes the day go by more smoothly. I am American, after all. I believe that it is possible to share a nice and friendly conversation with someone without either party having an agenda, or at least the woman. (I'm not completely naive).

In fact, not only do I teach people how to 'naturally' begin conversations with people in their day to day lives, but one of the points that I stress on my Flirting and Walking Tours of London is not to have an agenda when you have a conversation with someone. If all the variables are in place, the timing, the chemistry, the body language, then something could very well could transpire as a bonus, but the beginning conversation should be motive-free. Not only can women smell agendas a mile away, but not having one makes the interaction more relaxed and less pressured. My challenge to you this week is to see if you can have a conversation with a fit stranger and not think about anything other than the conversation, and, get the thought of stalking your victim right out of your pretty little head.

2 comments:

The Author said...

For your challenge, if I weren't to have a motive, why would I pick a "fit stranger"? Why not just any damn person off the street, or the tube or wherever else? I mean, I get your point, but if the stranger is aware of her/his 'fitness', they would probably ascribe me with an agenda anyway!

Mizz allure said...

Motives are fine. Motives rule our lives. The point is, don't try and be sneaky with your motive. If you want business advice then ask for it. If you want to pick me up, then don't pretend you want business advice...comprendo?